Beta-Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameplay

+2
Raven
Dinod
6 posters

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Gameplay - Page 13 Empty Re: Gameplay

Post by SirFroggo Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:42 pm

Lawtruvial opens a portal and grabs the crystal and returns to erozay and debriefs her but gives Kir'Thalos the credit for finding the crystal. then openes a portal and disappears to the mountain in the middle of the ocean south of valdo
SirFroggo
SirFroggo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojozityjo Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Maverick ...

Kir'Thalos and Lawtruvial would split ways, Kir'Thalos having Lawtruvial return the Zeflite back while he checked for more. He didn't even need to explore to find out, all he had to do was check his communicator and the readings it got would show there was no more Zeflite in the area.

He could still explore the cave system if he wanted though.

Maverick pending ...

SirFroggo ...

Lawtruvial returned the Zeflite to Erozay, who took the report and thanked both him and Kir'Thalos over the communicator on a job well done. Both of them succeeded in refueling the ship and getting the ship another 10% closer to space worthy! They both were award 1000$ and gained 1 Level!

Afterwards he would use his same portal to go to the bean shaped mountain mass in the middle of the ocean South-West of Valdo!

Upon arrival he would find he was at the mountain peaks, which were quite high into the sky, enough to cause electrical dysfunction in air. He would also find he just so happened to come out beside Demon Mistress! Both of them were affected by Electrocuted natural effects!

She looks to him casually and then has a smirk suitable to someone of higher class. "Teh, well look who it is. So you DO exist huh?" She rested her chin on the flat of her thumb and index finger, the arm resting its elbow in the hand of the other arm. "So what are you doing here of all places?" She asks him vicariously.

SirFroggo & Jojozityjo done ...

Still waiting for Rayven ...

Maverick pending ...

SirFroggo, take your turn ... +3%EP, HP, MP ...

Jojozityjo, take your turn ... +3%EP, HP, MP ...

Last edited by Jojozityjo on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jojozityjo
Jojozityjo
The Creator
The Creator

https://beta-worlds.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SirFroggo Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Law says just looking around, i figured maybe there is a cave system or so.ething around here.
SirFroggo
SirFroggo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by MaverickSenpai Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:44 pm

*Kir'Thalos responds to Erozay on the communicator* "Nah, Law came in and cleaned up, I failed the mission once Viper stole the crystal from me. I'm going to stay in the caves a bit longer, see if I can't find anything else at all of use".

*Kir'Thalos starts to descend further into the cave*

MaverickSenpai
MaverickSenpai
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojozityjo Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:21 pm

SirFroggo & Jojozityjo ...

Demon Mistress nodded very lightly as she took in his words. "Well, there is certainly something here, all this electricity in the air, bound to be something somewhere." She says as she rubs her fingers together, like the sign for money, but this wasn't signing, it was more like rubbing the energy of the air around in her fingers. She then looks to Lawtruvial. "Let's explore then shall we? If there is magic to be learned from here, we both can benefit. So lead the way, warrior boy." She smirked with a one sided grin and gestured him to lead on with a waving off hand.

SirFroggo & Jojozityjo pending ...

Maverick ...

"It's a victory, Kir'Thalos." Erozay responded. "You kept Viper from making a quick get away, if not for you, he would have slipped in and out before anyone even knew. You stalled him, even ran him off, one of their best members, and we got the Zeflite back, it's a win. Not the smoothest of missions I know, but those almost don't exist, so job well done." Before Kir'Thalos explains he is going to explore the cave further. "Very well, I hope you luck and fortune on your excursions, Kir'Thalos." And with that, the communication ended and Kir'Thalos went back down the caves.

He managed to make it back to the room where the Zeflite was, where he fought Viper one on one. It was darker now, too dark to see. He remembers the tunnel way he found toward the east in this room, but can't see it from here.

Maverick done ...

SirFroggo pending ...

Jojozityjo pending ...

Maverick, take your turn ... +6%EP, HP, & MP ...
Jojozityjo
Jojozityjo
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by SirFroggo Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:43 pm

Law joins demon mistress and proceeds to follow the density of the electricity in the air.
SirFroggo
SirFroggo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojozityjo Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:01 pm

As Lawtruvial uses his superior perception and Tracking ability to try to determine where the more electrically dense areas are, Demon Mistress casts Instill Spell to instill her Constrict spell into Lawtruvials Copper Chakram so that the next enemy to him and to her that he hits with them, will have Constrict cast upon them!
-126MP! -30% = 88MP! Demon Mistress MP:4696/4608
-2 uses for Instill Spell and Constrict!

She just looks to him as he looks to her at what she just did. She just kinda shrugs it off. "Consider it helpful insurance."

Lawtruvial manages to find that the electrical density seemed to be thicker to their east, which was at another mountain peak on this same mountainous island. Turns out, this mountain island was a mountain with many high reaching peaks.

With his perception, he could tell from here that the peak had what looked like a spiraling path that has long since been unused and nearly weathered over, but still there. It lead up into what looked like a cave from here near the peak of the mountain, going in under the peak.

Still waiting for Maverick & Rayven ...

SirFroggo, take your turn ...
Jojozityjo waits for SirFroggo ... +3%EP, HP, & MP ...
Jojozityjo
Jojozityjo
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by MaverickSenpai Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:08 pm

"Man this cave smells bad, there has to be more to it than just the zeflite.  They aren't natural caves with how they're shaped.  Someone, or something carved this cave out."

*Kir'Thalos searches for the other hole in the cave and starts to work through it, channeling fire bend to create a small ball of light*
MaverickSenpai
MaverickSenpai
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by SirFroggo Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:23 pm

Law goes to the stairs and starts climbing
SirFroggo
SirFroggo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojozityjo Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Maverick ...

Kir'Thalos uses his Fire Bend, putting all the points into size to create a 4m radius flaming light source.
-1MP! -10% = 1MP! Kir'Thalos MP:180/179
-1 use for Fire Bend!

The fire bend spell makes it easier to see for sure, but he would still have to explore a bit to see the entire room. Although with his fire bend spell, he could just make the fire source move around the room instead of himself to see what's inside. Either way, he can still tell, from this distance, the tunnel on the east side of this room.

Maverick pending ...

As Lawtruvial begins to, for some reason, climb down the peak they are on in order to begin the climbing trek from this peak to the next, Demon Mistress cant help but give him a confused look. "Why are we climbing when we can just do this?~" And she casts Teleport to teleport herself to outside of the cave entrance on the other peak.
-280MP! -30% = 196MP! Demon Mistress MP:4696/4500
-2 uses for Teleport!

Once teleported over there, she can see this isnt just some cave. It's dark, but not enough that she cant make out some kind of door inside the cave. Some old, worn out, seemingly unused door for a long time. She does not proceed though, she waits for Lawtruvial to catch up.

Maverick Pending ...

SirFroggo, take your turn ...
Jojozityjo
Jojozityjo
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by MaverickSenpai Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:43 pm

"Alright... that's a bit better."

*Kir'Thalos moves the little ball of fire around the area, looking to see if anything is in the room at all, hidden in the darkness
MaverickSenpai
MaverickSenpai
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by SirFroggo Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:32 pm

Law opens a portal and teleports to the door. Law opens the door and enters.
SirFroggo
SirFroggo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojozityjo Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:51 pm

Maverick ...

Moving the ball of fire light around the cave to see all there is to see around the room, he can see there is actually another tunnel way to the north-west side of the room. Other than that, he can also tell the ceiling to this little pocket is about 30m high, and the ground is in troughs, like something quite large, even larger than Viper, slithers around in here from time to time. It even appears like whatever has lived in here has spent some time coiled around where the Zeflite use to be.

Maverick done ...

Lawtruvial uses his portal to get to Demon Mistress, spending 5%MP(85MP) to do so. Once there he attempts to open the door but finds it is broken shut, perhaps rusted or jammed. So using his strength to try and open the door with a Str check, he succeeds and manages to budge and loudly creakingly slide the door open, jarring against the ground and leaving a streak in the ground.

The noise apparently disturbs some bats that have taken roost in here and a small swarm of bats quickly shrieks and flutters out the door way past them and flying down the mountain out of the electrified air.

Inside though, it's dark, too dark to see anything of use. This is wear Demon Mistress uses her Plasma Bend, putting all 5 points into Size to make a little ball of pure arcane energy to light up a 10m radius, spending 13MP a turn to keep it active.
-2 uses for Plasma Bend.

Moving the ball of arcane, indigo hued light around the room, they find the radius of the spells light covers about half the room. It looked like a cabin in the mountain, like maybe some hermit lived here long ago. Wooden floors, stone pillars to support the weight of the mountain peak above, a desk with littered about papers and notes, it was quite lived in, and quite old.

They would also find a fireplace, an alchemical cauldron, magic transcription table, a dining area fit for at least 2 people with a cooking fire and stove nearby. There was also a few lanterns laid about the place that was clearly used to light the place. Finally, they would spot a bed with an old dusty skeleton rest upon it, under the old tattered blankets as if it was someone who passed in their sleep, or was bed ridden.

Lawtruvial however, thanks to his perception and tracker skill, would be able to tell there was a roughly hidden trapdoor beneath the bed.

SirFroggo, take your turn ... +3%EP, HP, & MP ...

Last edited by Jojozityjo on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jojozityjo
Jojozityjo
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by MaverickSenpai Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:54 pm

"Aha! I knew it! Something HAS made this cave system... I wonder..."

*Kir'Thalos drifts off into thought, before wandering over to the cave on the north-west side*
MaverickSenpai
MaverickSenpai
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by SirFroggo Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:55 pm

Law picks up anything of use and splits it with demon mistress.the moves the bed and opens the trap door
SirFroggo
SirFroggo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojozityjo Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:43 pm

Maverick ...

Kir'Thalos is still channeling Fire Bend, Nimble Body, and Parrying Advance, which costs him a total of 25EP and 1MP to keep channeled!
-1 use for Fire Bend!

Without giving any more direction for the ball of fire light, it just hovers before him by his hand, lighting up 4m radius around him. He move to the north-west tunnel and thanks to the fire light and him standing in the center, he can roughly see the walls of the tunnel on either side of him. Standing just in the entrance of the tunnel, he can see that, for now, it just goes straight, staying level with his current altitude.

Maverick pending ...

While Lawtruvial loots the place for anything worthwhile, Demon Mistress uses her Undavose Medals Necromancy granted skill, to try and reanimate the skeleton with its mind intact. It takes a good 612NL but she is able to pull it off. She also keeps the Plasma Bend spell channeled for 13MP and -2 more uses for it.

There is a momentary dark glow that washes over the skeleton before it seems to come to life, as if waking up from a long sleep. It seems confused at first but looks around to get its bearings before noticing Demon Mistress and then Lawtruvial off looting the house. It realizes it is under the control of Demon Mistress and sits up in the bed, looking to her in unwillful, confused, submissiveness.

"Who are you?" She commands of the skeleton in which it replies.
"I'm ... I'm Marcel .. yes, that is my name, I remember." It was clearly suffering some memory issues but with her command, it was coming back to him.
"Is this your place? Did you build it? What did you do here and what can you tell me of this place?" She commands it more, getting all her immediate questions out in one go.

Marcel looks around. "Yes, yes I did build this place, I lived here." He pauses a moment, looking down around, as if to collect his memories. "I came to study the electrical field in the air. I eventually built a home here, this home, and made it my full time job. I believe I found out there was an entity here, or at least, this area was home to one. I tried to study and earn the things trust but ..." He looks down again, seeming to struggle with his memories. "The longer I lived here, the harder it got to .. to remember things. I .. I started writing notes." He gestures towards his desk. "To help remember, but it got worse and worse. Eventually, I gave up studying the anomaly and began looking for a way to cure myself, to fix my mind." He pauses and looks over his boney hands and arms. "I .. I think I failed? I fell Ill eventually too, which made the memory problems worse." He looks around again as if memories are coming to him, and he starts pointing at the hatch door under his bed. "I remember I had an excavation going as well and I think I found something but ... something went wrong, I had to seal it up. I cant remember what though, I'm sorry Mistress."

Demon Mistress took in the info, eventually kind of shrugging off his apology and looked to Lawtruvial.

By this time, Lawtruvial has found a number of items to divy up between them.
Clarity Inscription x2 (1 for each party member)
Clear Wits Inscription x2 (1 for each party member)
Mend Inscription
Mobilize Inscription
Sterilize Inscription
Esuna Inscription x2 (1 for each party member)
Cure Inscription x2 (1 for each party member)
Rejuvenate Inscription
Pain Absorber Inscription
Sorcerer Robes

He also found a few notes detailing some studies the guy did on the area. Some key notes were talk of an apparent divine entity named Etalabastic. Some ancient inscriptions on walls and artifacts found underground. There was also a section talking of great praise of ... something .. whatever it was talking of was scribbled out for some reason.

There was other notes that were more like a diary, some about a memory problem, later about illness making it hard to move and feeling sick. There was even some notes that were the same thing as other notes, sign of rewriting the same thing cause the writer forgot he already wrote about it. Some of them, the later ones, even began to sound desperate, perhaps dangerously desperate.

This is when Demon Mistress looked to him and asked him. "Do you have any questions for him before I put him back to his rest?" She asked as she took one of each duplicate item he found and let him decide the rest. However she did point out she would quite enjoy the Sorcerers Robe and how it would suit her and her style much better, but ultimately left it up to him.

Maverick pending ...

Last edited by Jojozityjo on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jojozityjo
Jojozityjo
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by SirFroggo Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:49 pm

Law gives her the robe and ask the skeleton what is in the trap door under his bed
SirFroggo
SirFroggo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojozityjo Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Demon Mistress smiled playfully, even a little flirty, as he gave her the Sorcerer Robe and she donned it on herself, seeming to shimmy right into it. She gladly let him have all the rest of the Inscriptions as trade, they were basically free spells after all. Still channeling her Plasma Bend as well, getting another -2 uses.

As Lawtruvial asked Marcel, Demon Mistress nodded to make sure he obeyed. Marcel nods in obedience and looks to Lawtruvial "As I gestured the Mistress, that door leads to the excavation I started doing. I found things in there, thing one should not normally find during a dig. I .. I cant remember what though. The memories, they've been taken from me. I only remember suffering."
"Is it locked?" Demon Mistress asks.
"Yes? ... Yes, it is, both with key and magic." Marcel replied.

Demon Mistress looked to Lawtruvial. "I personally would like to have a look inside, how about you?" She asks him as she gestures Marcel to undo the lock.

As they decide on whether or not venture in, Marcel uses his old magic to rewrite the magical lock on the door to allow Demon Mistress and Lawtruvial inside. He also went to one of the lanterns on the stone pillar in the center of his house and pulled out a key, handing it to Mistress.

SirFroggo pending ...
Jojozityjo waits for SirFroggo ...
Jojozityjo
Jojozityjo
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by SirFroggo Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:06 pm

Law opens the door and climbs down
SirFroggo
SirFroggo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by MaverickSenpai Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:15 pm

*Kir'Thalos stops channeling Parrying Advanced and Nimble Body, while keeping the little ball of light from fire bend near him for a light source as he proceeds into the tunnel*
MaverickSenpai
MaverickSenpai
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojozityjo Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:25 pm

"Your silence speaks volumes my friend." She says to Lawtruvial as he moves the bed and opens the hatch. Which as he does, she has Marcel go sit at his dining table and ends the necromantic hold on him, letting his skeletal body go limp bent over the table from his chair.

The hatch door was a ladder at first that went down a fair ways, at least 50m before hitting ground. Thanks to DM's plasma light source, they could see it wasn't quite an opening yet, but instead a spiral tunnel way that went down about another 50m in altitude, at least 100m below the built in cabin, before it began to level out.

Moving her plasma light around the room, they could tell it was quite large. About 40m cubic radius room and was 20m high at the other end. It wasn't even fully excavated, there were stone slabs not natural that were still partially burried into the walls and floors. All of which with strange writing on them. This area was definitely more dense with electricity in the air. On the other end of the room from them they could see a stairwell that went down into a lower room.

Maverick ...

Kir'Thalos stops channeling his Nimble Body and Parrying Advance and moves forward into the tunnel. He actually travels nearly his full distance in a turn, 20m, and still sees no change, it keeps going straight.

Maverick done ...

Jojozityjo waits for SirFroggo ... +3%EP, HP, & +8%MP ...

Jojozityjo
Jojozityjo
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by SirFroggo Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:36 pm

law walks over to the slab and examines the writing asking dm if she had ever seen it
SirFroggo
SirFroggo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojozityjo Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:57 pm

They go to one of the slabs, looking over it together since Lawtruvial called DM over. "Hm, it does look vaguely familiar but I don't think I know this dialect. It's similar to some forms of demonic writing in this dimension. Perhaps this is what those demonic writings originated from." She straightens up her posture and looks around. "Whatever is here must be ancient. Millennia ancient at least." She then looks back to one of the slabs with a ponder. "Hmm, hold on."

She goes to one of the slabs and tries to use her magical intelligence to detect any form of magic, however she has a -5 penalty due to unknown writings and electrical density of the air. Despite the penalty, she succeeds. "Fascinating." She says with a level of respect. "These slabs are actually magical. They generate magical energy and fuel something nearby. It's all being channeled and constantly used by something below us."

SirFroggo pending ...
Jojozityjo waits for SirFroggo ...
Jojozityjo
Jojozityjo
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by SirFroggo Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:03 pm

Law goes and touches each one of the pillars transmuting them into water. then picks up a around 50 rocks from the excavation site and transmutes each of them into gold and gives 25 to dm then heads deeper into the site.
SirFroggo
SirFroggo
Journeyman
Journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojozityjo Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Lawtruvial casts Transmute on one the slabs, spending 186MP to do so and getting 1 use for Transmute. The slab, although quite large, at least 3m tall and 1m wide, had their material changed into water. However they retained their shape and the writing on them, still channeling magic. Clearly there was some magic in place that was keeping these slabs in tact.

Demon Mistress takes note of this and moves in. "Let me try to dispel it." And she casts Dispel Magic on one of the slabs. The spell costs an amazing 3730MP to dispel! Which would have been impossible for her if not for her skills in magic, magic schools, and her medal reducing the cost of the spell!
-2 uses for Dispel Magic!

Demon Mistress puts most of her strength into undoing the spell, spending almost all of her mana to do so, but she succeeds! The slab of water loses its writing and falls into a splash of water into the ground. "Good lords! Whatever made these put a LOT of power into them, and this was just slab!" She expresses her surprise as she recoups from the exertion and looks around. "And there is nine more of these things."

As this went on, Lawtruvial failed to find any suitable things to transmute into gold, the place was very well cleaned out.

"I CAN dispel all these slabs if you really think it wise, but I will need time to do so. Perhaps it best to see what these things are fueling before we proceed?" She says to Lawtruvial.

Jojozityjo waits for SirFroggo ... +3%EP, HP, & +8%MP ...
Jojozityjo
Jojozityjo
The Creator
The Creator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next